Hi there! I’m Simon and I’m a data scientist and remote sensing / GIS / spatial statistics specialist. I have experience in management and R&D proposal preparation. At the same time I’m a bboy, acrobat and proud owner of two dogs! I intend to share with you interesting and valuable materials about data science, data engineering, project management.
Stack and expertise
|Area||Tools||Years of Experience|
|Backend Services||AWS, Google BigQuery, Private Machines (VPS)||~10|
|Geospatial analytics||Python, R, QGIS, Network Analysis, Kriging||~8|
|Machine Learning & Statistics||GLMs, ML, Deep Learning, Time Series, Spatial, Sequences||~8|
|E-commerce||Google Analytics, Python, Cloud Services||~5|
|Space Industry||ESA, POLSA, Earth Observation (downstream apps)||~5|
- (2022+) wsknn: Weighted Session-based k-NN recommender in Python.
- (2018+) pyinterpolate: Spatial Statistics package in Python (full release)
- Bravelab – 04.2023: Data Science and Machine Learning from the software development perspective (1h). (🇵🇱).
- Code:Me – 02.2023: Introduction to Data Science with Python (12h). (🇵🇱).
- Code:Me – 07.2022: Introduction to Data Science with Python (12h). (🇵🇱).
- GeoPython 2022 – 06.2022: The Deconvolution of the Aggregated Data into the Fine-Scale Blocks with Pyinterpolate (1.5h). Switzerland & Online. (🇺🇸).
- PyGDA – 03.2022: Python & Hydra: manage your environment settings (1h). (🇵🇱).
- Code:Me – 09.2021: Introduction to the Time-Series Analysis in
- Code:Me – 04.2021: Spatial Data Processing and Analysis in Python – level Intermediate. Rasters, networks and vectors (40h). (🇵🇱).
- Code:Me – 02.2021: Python and Data Science workshops (16 h). Basics of Python and Data Science projects: distance between words in database, classification models for fraud detection, good practices of ML pipelines development. (🇵🇱).
- Code:Me – 07.2019: Python workshops for beginners. Materials available here. (🇵🇱).
- Blue Dot Solutions – 08.2016: Introduction to image processing in Scilab. One-day long workshops for startups accelerated during Space3AC event. (🇺🇸).
- ARDiS – 06.2014: Introduction to image processing in Scilab. Workshops for participants of the Second Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city. (🇵🇱).
- ARDiS – 04-05.2014: Practical electronics course. Course for high school students. (🇵🇱).
- ARDiS – 03-06.2013: Introduction to electronics. Course for high school students. (🇵🇱).
- 07.2023: We can get more from spatial, GIS and public domain datasets! EuroPython 2023. (Prague, Czechia, 🇺🇸)
- 05.2023: PyOpenSci: The organization that helps you develop and maintain Open Source / Open Science Python package (online, in 🇵🇱).
- 12.2022: Augmentation of public datasets with Python and Geostatistics (online, in 🇵🇱). PyTech Summit 2022
- 06.2022: Storytelling with data (online, in 🇵🇱). Hack4Change 2022.
- 03.2022: Don’t judge too quickly, the autism spectrum in spatial epidemiology (online, in 🇵🇱). Define Normalność 2022: Konferencja o Neuroróżnorodności.
- 12.2021: Simple model == simple implementation. Do not expect it in TensorFlow (online, in 🇵🇱). PyTech Summit 2021
- 10.2021: How to publish the package on PyPI. HackerSpace Tricity Hacktoberfest 2021 (online, in 🇵🇱).
- 10.2021: Pyinterpolate: spatial interpolation with Python. HackerSpace Tricity Hacktoberfest 2021 (online, in 🇵🇱).
- 08.2021: Health Geography is not a fad. Hackerspace Tricity AMA #S02E010 (online, in 🇵🇱).
- 06.2021: Interpolation of air pollution in Poland with Python. Summer Data Society Conf (online, in 🇵🇱).
- 04.2021: Open Science / Open Software packages in Python. The Good Practices of development. PyGDA #65. (online, in 🇵🇱)
- 04.2021: Pyinterpolate – Python package for spatial interpolation and deconvolution of areal data. GeoPython 2021. (online, in 🇺🇸).
- 03.2021: Personal Time Management in Notion. Hack Yourself! #1 (PL: Zhackuj siebie! #1), (online, in 🇵🇱)
- 01.2021: GeoPandas – Python package for spatial data engineering. PyGDA #62, (online, in 🇵🇱)
- 12.2020: GeoPandas – Python package for spatial data engineering. PyCode 2020, (online, in 🇺🇸).
- 09.2019: How to get a job as a data scientist or data engineer. AI and ML state of the art. Polish AI startup scene. Software Developers Week 2019, (Poznan, Poland, in 🇵🇱)
- 10.2018: Machine learning and satellite images: use cases. KarieraIT. (Wroclaw, Poland, in 🇵🇱). Github.
- 03.2018: An automation of EO data processing in Python. KarieraIT. (Gdansk, Poland, in 🇵🇱). Github.
- 01.2018: Pythonic way to process Earth Observation datasets. PyGDA #32. (Gdansk, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
- 03.2017: Python and OpenCV: Digital Fourier Transform Use Cases. PyGDA #23. (Gdansk, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
- 04.2016: Image Filtering in Python and OpenCV. PyGDA #13. (Sopot, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
- 06.2014: Space Medicine: The Engineer’s Point of View. The Second Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city. (Opole, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
- 06.2013: Spacecraft’s Electromagnetic Compatibility. The First Space Engineering Meetings in Opole city. (Opole, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
- 05-06.2012: The road to the stars. Lectures about astroengineering, astrophysics, and planetary science for the public. (Opole, Poland, in 🇵🇱).
Scientific conferences and posters
- 11.2021: S. Moliński. The Session-Based kNN implementation in TensorFlow. ML in PL 2021. Poster (🇺🇸)
- 10.2021: S. Moliński. Lyme Disease Risk Assessment Based on the Earth Observation Data and Spatial Processing Technique. ESA Φ-week 2021. Worldwide. Poster & presentation (🇺🇸).
- 03.2019: S. Moliński, et.all, System Architecture for Species Distribution Modeling based on the Remote Sensing and GIS data, VII Forum BioGIS, Poznan, Poland (🇵🇱).
- S. Moliński. Pyinterpolate: Spatial Interpolation in Python for point measurements and aggregated datasets. Journal of Open Source Software. February 2022. (🇺🇸).
- S. Moliński, OCR algorithms and the external databases in the case of NAO robot communication, Silesian Electrical Journal, May 2016. (🇵🇱).
- The nearest future and the roadmap of the space medicine research and development projects. Chances of Poland to engage in the space medicine projects (Report for the Polish Space Agency), March 2017. (🇵🇱).
- NAIF PDS4 Bundler: A Python package to generate SPICE PDS4 archives (JOSS). (🇺🇸).
- PyGMT: A Python interface for the Generic Mapping Tools (❤️ this package for 🗺). (🇺🇸).
- Who is needed in the Data Science, Programista, August 2020. (🇵🇱).
- Time Series Analysis in Python with Earth Observation Data, Programista, October 2019. (🇵🇱).
- Earth Observation Data Processing in Python, Programista, May 2018. (🇵🇱).
- Data Science and Earth Observation: data preparation, Programista, December 2018. (🇵🇱).
- 06.2014: The main organizer of the Second Space Engineering Meetings in Opole city.
- 06.2013: Playing with the robots. Robotics lesson for kids from elementary school.
- 06.2013: The main organizer of the First Space Engineering Meetings in Opole city.
- 10.2012: The main organizer of the space engineering workshops for students from the Opole University of Technology, (2-day event).
- 03.2012: Playing with gravity. Lesson for kids from elementary school about gravity. Physic laws were described by physical activities and games.
- Multiple talks during science popularization events. Topics are mostly connected to space engineering and planetary science.