Hi there! I’m Simon and I’m a data scientist and remote sensing / GIS / spatial statistics specialist. I have experience in management and R&D proposal preparation. At the same time I’m a bboy, acrobat and proud owner of a dog and a small family of bunnies! I intend to share with you interesting and valuable materials from data science, data engineering, project management and lifestyle fields.
I participate in conferences, workshops and engineering talks and I’m writing to the professional magazines. Here is a list of my activities:
- pyinterpolate: Spatial Statistics package in Python (full release)
- sdm-python: Species Distribution modeling in Python (actually frozen, but it’ll be developed)
- 07.2019: Python workshops for beginners. Materials available here.
- 08.2016: Introduction to image processing in Scilab. One-day long workshops for startups accelerated during Space3AC event.
- 06.2014: Introduction to image processing in Scilab. Workshops for participants of the Second Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city.
- 04-05.2014: Practical electronics course. Course for high school students.
- 03-06.2013: Introduction to electronics. Course for high school students.
- 09.2019: How to get a job as a data scientist or data engineer. AI and ML state of the art. Polish AI startup scene. Software Developers Week 2019. Poznan, Poland.
- 10.2018: Machine learning and satellite images: use cases. KarieraIT. Wroclaw, Poland. Github.
- 03.2018: An automation of EO data processing in Python. KarieraIT. Gdansk, Poland. Github.
- 01.2018: Pythonic way to process Earth Observation datasets. PyGDA #32. Gdansk, Poland.
- 03.2017: Python and OpenCV: Digital Fourier Transform Use Cases. PyGDA #23. Gdansk, Poland.
- 04.2016: Image Filtering in Python and OpenCV. PyGDA #13. Sopot, Poland.
- 06.2014: Space Medicine: The Engineer’s Point of View. The Second Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city. Opole, Poland.
- 06.2013: Spacecraft’s Electromagnetic Compatibility. The First Space Engineering Meetings in Opole city. Opole, Poland.
- 05-06.2012: The road to the stars. Lectures about astroengineering, astrophysics and planetary science for public. Opole, Poland.
- 03.2019: S. Moliński, et.all, System Architecture for Species Distribution Modeling based on the Remote Sensing and GIS data, VII Forum BioGIS, Poznan, Poland
- S. Moliński, OCR algorithms and the external databases in the case of NAO robot communication, Silesian Electrical Journal, May 2016
- The nearest future and the roadmap of the space medicine research and development projects. Chances of Poland to engage in the space medicine projects (Report for the Polish Space Agency), March 2017.
- Who is needed in the Data Science, Programista, August 2020.
- Time Series Analysis in Python with Earth Observation Data, Programista, October 2019.
- Earth Observation Data Processing in Python, Programista, May 2018.
- Data Science and Earth Observation: data preparation, Programista, December 2018.
- 06.2014: Main organizer of the Second Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city.
- 06.2013: Playing with the robots. Robotics lesson for kids from elementary school.
- 06.2013: Main organizer of the First Space Engineering Meetings in the Opole city.
- 10.2012: Main organizer of the space engineering workshops for students from the Opole University of Technology, (2-day event).
- 03.2012: Playing with the gravity. Lesson for kids from elementary school about the gravity. Physic laws were described by physical activities and games.
- Multiple talks during science popularization events. Topics mostly connected to the space engineering and planetary science.